Novak Djokovic and his wife Jelena are rumored to be expecting their second child. Rumors arose via the Serbian press this week.
Novak Djokovic and his wife Jelena might have a second child on the way.
According to InSerbia News, Blic, and other Serbian news outlets, the couple is excited about the pregnancy. The news is yet to be officially confirmed by the Djokovics.
More from Lob and Smash
- With world number 1 Iga Swiatek virtually unknown to the general public- is tennis the most poorly marketed sport in the world?
- Does Stefanos Tsitsipas have bad sportsmanship for a top 10 player?
- What are the chances of Djokovic winning the Nitto ATP Finals?
- Is it correct to put Alcaraz the favourite for AO?
- No slams or titles= failure?
These early rumors of the pregnancy put the expected birth of the couple’s second child sometime in early fall. The closest Grand Slam event to the potential pregnancy is the US Open, which Novak Djokovic has won twice in his career.
The world No. 2 is in rebuilding mode after his early round upset at the 2017 Australian Open. Still though, the Serbian tennis player is among the greatest to ever play the sport. There is no doubt that he will be a strong contender throughout all of 2017. Djokovic already appeared in Davis Cup action, helping Serbia to advance past Russia.
The tennis world will await confirmation as to whether or not Djokovic and wife Jelena are truly expecting their second child. The early reports are also citing that the couple has been wanting two children. The tennis world would be thrilled to see the Djokovic family grow.
Check back for updates on the men’s ATP World Tour, the women’s WTA Tour, and other tennis news from Lob and Smash.